Watch this space.......

jamosfish

He is getting offered Food sticks and soon (once it arrives) massivore.

He doesn't even hang around the top of the tank???

Likes to hang around the bottom with his new mates the 6 pack of Geo's.

Pics will be up soon. I need to clean the FX.... Damn Royals hahaha

He might go for the massivore, but it does sink pretty quickly and its not the kind of food you'd want the royals chowing down on! Start it out on the smalelr hikari sticks and as it grows move onto the larger ones, and/or NLS large fish formula, and start adding raw prawn into the diet (just not enough to make it fussy!). Thats always worked for me.

I plan on having a pellet trained aro..... unless it dies from hunger hahaha

It doesn't even venture towards the surface at all?? I'm going to get some small crickets to see if it is interested as they fed it some in the store. Maybe once he realises tat his food is floating he may try having a go at the pellets.

I do aggree that they seem to be a hassle but I thought it would make a nice supplement to the diet as have approx. Crude Protein-62.2% and Crude Fat-17.7%.

i wouldnt, as soon as live food is fed, that is bad.

they got used to lie food, thats probably why it doesnt eat pellets. in qurantine jars are fed pellets, so the store must hvae spoilt it.

as for swimming, the sides and back should be covered untill it settles or permanently, to stop it from spooking.

You just have to be strong when pellet training - your jar is still young so there is a very good chance of success. Henward recently tried to pellet train Brutus, but the fish won (again) lol - you can't teach an old fish new diet tricks apparently.

I don't think introducing live food at this stage is a good idea; wait for the jar to accept pellets first. Otherwise, you will be fighting an uphill battle. I'm using "Henward's-Tried-And-Tested-Grow-Your-Jar-Super-Large Diet" - i.e. pellets in the morning and insects in the evening; no pellets = no insects.

Strong you must be, young grasshopper. :sage: