Plant food

opticalblue

Flourish comprehensive or one of the other flourish products might help.

Flourish excel in too large a doses will eventually wipe out twisted val - it does not like it at all.

What sort of speed of growth are you wanting and what are you getting at the moment.

Its not just fertilisers that help the plants grow, lighting also plays a big part in it. You have a mix of root feeders and plants that feed through the water column in your list and also they do not all like the same sort of lighting conditions. Plants like the 'twisted' val could be one of two types, one easy to grow, one not so easy. Tank temp also plays a part and I find that even though my plants are in a heated tank in the winter growth is generally slow.

You may have already looked at the link below but if not it might assist you

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/?page_id=25

all of those are considered easy to grow, the sag prefers higher lighting though which may make your poly grow a bit stringy

have you got any suggestions that might help optical blue.

I can grow all the listed plants except java fern in my tank. It either dies off or becomes totally covered in bba. I put it down to the fact that my tank has very high lighting which suits the other plants and also the temp I run the tank is just over the max of the preferred range for it. I think its a lot easier to have plants in the tank which prefer the same sort of conditions.

Thanks for all your comments.

I have Arcadia freshwater lamp fluro tubes x2 and aqua one tropical reddish tube fitted into my ar980 tank which is on for 8 hr a day. So I think lighting is pretty good.

Just seems wired because when I had a smaller tank ar850, I was trimming the plants nearly every 2 weeks. Without fert balls.

I was pruning weekly up until winter hit, and I haven't had to prune since. Maybe it's the temp that is slowing the growth of your plants ?

I'd definitely look into flourish, I use it and have found it's really good for promoting growth if you keep a constant routine.

Also, you can look at pruning certain parts of each plant to promote new growth.

check your iron levels as well, tried everything in my tank until i tested iron and found it to be 0

used flourish iron and suddenly everything is going crazy, the signs of iron defficiency is yellowing and stem plants growing short stems between nodes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...