Lighting, more specifically, bulb types/temps

Ismart120

Hi,

Got my replacement tank nearly finished but its been filled for about six months now so things have settled out mostly.

I'm running a hagen glo unit with aqua one t5's that keep being unreliable so looking at some of the other brands, either hagen themselves or arcadia etc, so any thoughts on those would be great.

Main question is, what colour? I'm looking at the actinic bulbs for a different colour/ make the tank a bit different/ brighter whites etc, any idea on what this will do with the plants? They're mostly slow growing javas', anubias but I'm looking into a few others too, glosso etc. Ideally, I'd want one powerglo type thing (all rounder plant bulb) and one marine blue actinic? Want the plants to grow/be heathly but also want the fish to show up really well

Thoughts?

Awesome, thanks. Hadn't looked in the beginners section

I've gone with a tropical colour tube and a hybrid marine blue/white tube to get a bit more of the actinic lighting in the tank, which if all goes well, will produce more leafy growth which is what I'm going for.