courier company to choose

wee2

which courier companies do you use to sent live fish with to South Island. I have ring courierpost. they dont have such a service. I know most people suggest Fastway, but they advised it should take approx 2 days. dose any one have experience of shipping fish to chch before appretiated to hear from you.

I've just drop off a box of three discus fish at the Albany depot to be sent to Ashburton overnight service. The lady that serve me wrote Live Five all over the box and stick heaps of Fragile stickers too :thup:

Ron

The guy email me at 6.30am to say he received the fish and they're in excellent condition.

That is pretty good services to me.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
just make sure its under 20kg (or is that 25kg??) normally they will charge you for overweight once it hits the depot

that was a prompt reply. thanks. do I have to drop it off at depot. what sort of time frame do I need to conern? some one suggests 3pm would be the best

yeah 3pm is good, just to make sure its in the overnight

make certain you write 'live fish' and 'Overnight' as many times as possible and 'This way up' as much as possible as well.

better safe than sorry in my books

:thup: :bow:

You need to drop it off at the Post Haste Depot. As late in the day as possible, from memory they close about 5.45pm. Cost is based on cubic measurement size and weight. My biggest piece of advice is to take the correct amount of cash and an eft pos card. Sometimes the extols machine is not working, other times they have no change. Label the box live fish. As always you will need to sign the docket saying that you realise you are sending at our own risk.

I use Post Haste couriers, they are fantastic, been using then a year and only had the odd one or two fish die. they are cheaper then most and are just as quick sometimes quicker. they have free stickers and if you want them left at the house they will do that. i will never use another courier service.