Whats this (NZ coldwater marine tank)

F15hguy

I am familiar with Chitions but this fella hitched a ride on a piece of kelp I scavenged, anyone know what type he is?

p7120171.jpg

p7120175.jpg

sorry about the poor quality, he doesn't come out much and when he does its always in the hardest to photo spot.

they move so slowly but when you look again he's disappeared, he spends most of his time in the shrimp's cave and the rest in the overflow from the filter

I was freediving on the thursday and saw a amazing black fish with a big blue neon ridge. Looked as good as any fish we import for our tanks here. I fact I see many amazing animals in our waters that would look stunning in the home aquarium.

I was freediving on the thursday and saw a amazing black fish with a big blue neon ridge. Looked as good as any fish we import for our tanks here. I fact I see many amazing animals in our waters that would look stunning in the home aquarium.

you must have been freezeing!

coromandel. Had 3 dives so in the water for approx 4-5 hours. Didn't dive deep because of the cold I can't hold my breath as long at this time of the year. maybe 9-10m max this time.

A bit hard work but got 3 crays, and plenty of green bone (yum).

When I'm hiding on the bottom in the weedlines I usually see some cool fish. Like neon gobies, etc.. Favourite moments include 3 baby koheru swimming with me for about 20-30minutes. When I dived the swam down with me. In front of my mask then moved to my sparetip and then swam in the palm of my hand.

Catching them would be harder though.. :facepalm: