5050 SMD LEDs

Sheepsnana

nice, i use these, but also some strips i made myself(couldn't get correct light frequencies with pre-made ones).

Im guessing its the wide angle, 100-120 degree or something like that. Im currently using 135 degree on the coloured lights and 120 on whites.

For good growth you want the "Cool White" colour ones, these give the 6000+ K. the warm white are half that, and IMHO not a very nice colour light.

I also use a blue strip and orange/red strip to encourage growth and flowering as with other plants, mainly orchids and vege's, and it shows similar(slightly lower) growth results which i believe is due to the frequency change when going through water, although different plants grow at different rates.

There should be a thread on here with results, and my theories before i had tried them(or it may have been somewhere else lol, cant really remember).

Good thing about the ones i think u got, they're water proof, so can be exposed to the water, although I wouldn't submerge them.

I also use a PC power supply, which has multiple connections and i can control each strip individually, currently set-up with 2 x 2 strips of 100 LED's, 1 strip of 100 blue, 1 strip of 50Blue/50white(alternating) and a strip of 30 red/60 white(alternating). the white strips being premade, and the others i made myself. and you can also hook up fans to the PC power supply easily so you can run Metal hallide lights if your running marine.

Im guessing its the wide angle, 100-120 degree or something like that. Im currently using 135 degree on the coloured lights and 120 on whites.
Yes, 120º

For good growth you want the "Cool White" colour ones, these give the 6000+ K. the warm white are half that, and IMHO not a very nice colour light.
I'm not entirely sure what the numbers are for each, and I'm not sure how to find out.

I also use a blue strip and orange/red strip to encourage growth and flowering as with other plants, mainly orchids and vege's, and it shows similar(slightly lower) growth results which i believe is due to the frequency change when going through water, although different plants grow at different rates.
Colour options: 20 Colors. 8 Light Pattern: Quick / Slow / Auto / Flash / 7 color fade change / 3 color fade change / 7 color jumpy change / 3 color jumpy change. R / G / B increase and decrease control. 8)

Good thing about the ones i think u got, they're water proof, so can be exposed to the water, although I wouldn't submerge them.
Waterproof IP68, whatever that means. I'll stick them above my tank, not in it :nilly:

I also use a PC power supply, which has multiple connections and i can control each strip individually, currently set-up with 2 x 2 strips of 100 LED's, 1 strip of 100 blue, 1 strip of 50Blue/50white(alternating) and a strip of 30 red/60 white(alternating). the white strips being premade, and the others i made myself. and you can also hook up fans to the PC power supply easily so you can run Metal hallide lights if your running marine.
Sounds good, but I had enough trouble trying to find a 12v power supply with 6A for under $50.

Hi Guys,

I have just ordered 300 of the 5050 SMD LEDs. These come pre-wired on a 5m roll, which can be separated every 3 LEDs. I got the lot, plus a NZ power supply, for $75 NZ.

Anyone used these before? :slfg:

$75 seems quite expensive the strips should only be like NZ$30-35 + $10-15 or the power supply

So much battling lately.... Can't really change much now it's been ordered.

Looking forward to seeing photos and maybe a link to where you bought them from.

not trying to battle, just seems expensive. funny thing is the NON-waterproof ones are more expensive than the water-proof ones.

US$40 = 48.84 NZD (1 USD = 1.22100 NZD)

its inc ship

Alright, not bad.

I'm using the ASB Conversion gadget, 1USD = 1.26240NZD.

My one has an NZ plug on it...

Regardless, it looks like you found a better deal. What site is it?

Hey Crunch, sorry about the batts... I'm stubborn.

Alright, not bad.

I'm using the ASB Conversion gadget, 1USD = 1.26240NZD.

My one has an NZ plug on it...

Regardless, it looks like you found a better deal. What site is it?

Hey Crunch, sorry about the batts... I'm stubborn.

the best currency converter i find is the one on paypal (if you are paying that way) always has been right for me, the $40 deal has a AU plug which is the same, when shopping for things ask for AU plug as i have found they seem to charge a little bit more for NZ plug when its the same as an AU plug.

the best currency converter i find is the one on paypal (if you are paying that way) always has been right for me, the $40 deal has a AU plug which is the same, when shopping for things ask for AU plug as i have found they seem to charge a little bit more for NZ plug when its the same as an AU plug.

Good hints, cheers

• 4 weeks later...

wonder if they do wavelength specific underwater LED's, i'm after a 670nM submersible setup, brighter the better. for a fish attracting device

blue tinge could be due to impurities in the resin they are made out of, my dad recently got one with a sandfly embedded in one