New member - Auckland based

jasonnz

Hi all,

I hope you are all rugged up warm and sitting close to a fireplace with a nice glass of red.

I didnt actually realise that there was such a thing as the Fnzas - so I have just stumbled across these forums.

I'm Auckland based - and have joined these forums to learn a bit more about fishkeeping and to share some of the joy I get from my current projects.

My current 2 tanks are tropical freshwater.

1 x 90 litre aquaone tank - currently actually a hospital tank with some ill tetras and my betta.

1 x 270 litre sunsun - which houses my current community.

Community consist of :

2 x angels

1 x black ghost knife

2 x plecos (currently only 12cm each)

4 x pengiun tetras

2 x harlequin rasboras

4 x mollies

2 x chinese algae eaters

1 x dwarf blue gourami

1 x golden gourami

1 x Opeline gourami

2 x cherry barbs.

These fish all get along well - I thought I was the master in good behavour and even had my betta in their for a few days : :facepalm:

I never had any interest in keeping fish of my own until one of my staff had a tank for sale. which was the 90 which a week later became the 270 .. I'm running an overhead filter inside the sunsun - and UV filter in the tank and an AquaOne1200 canister for filtration which is setup using spraybars. The tank is planted and has a very large size gravel substrate.

Here are some pics

This is a cool pic - just after some clarity was used in the tank for the first time - I don't know how many people have used it - but the effect it gives off is pretty darn cool. (clears up in around 45 minutes).

ltqfik5z.t1x.jpg

Tank with normal water clarity - this was before it was fully planted.

xzbo0tmy.cmh.jpg

My current project - Which I will start a new thread for is a slightly bigger tank .. measuring 2400x750x800. (which is 1440 litres) or just shy off.

As you know - one tank is never enough .. and a tank is never big enough - I am going to create a monster of tropical freshwater tank which will actually be a large community. The tank will be fully planted and I hope to do this over the next 12 - 15 weeks. I am building the stand this weekend and the tank will arrive next Thursday.

My tanks are at my office which is where I spend 12 hours of each day - so I get to enjoy them (as does my team) all day long.

So Yeah .. HI !

I just googled torpical fish forums and i arrived.

Yes .. the planted tank looks amazingly amazing.

My next tank is going to be a little more intense planting wise. I want to carpet 1/3 of it .. create a hidden valley and try and grow my moss tree. :bounce: