Time to let you all know about me!

trinox

Hey everyone,

soo ive been on the forum now for the last few months, fish keeping is fully brand new to me. Think i should let you all know why i wanted to start keeping/breeding fish.

First of all my name is Dan, i live in auckland and im an IT Engineer.

At the start of the year, January 7th, me and 2 mates were on our way home from town heading to east auckland were we all lived, each in our own cars. I was the front car, my friend Mop was in the middle and my other mate was at the back. We were about 2 minutes from home, when we came of the motorway up to a intersection where it goes from 80km/h to 50km/h we had a green light. I went though the intersection without any issue, my mate how ever was t-boned by a stolen subaru doing 150+ km/h though a red light witch was racing another car.

Unfortunatly this stolen car hit my best friend square on the drivers door and killed him instantly. The story is more in depth but i can explain it another day if you want hear it.

So what im trying to get at is , this year i have watched my best mate die in my arms, ive allways loved fishing and swimming and everything to do with water. So why not combine my favorite activities with creating new life. Breeding these guppies and watching all the fish swim around and grow from small to big is one of the only things that has brought a smile to my face in the last few months.

Just want to explain my story, i apreciate the help ive had in setting up my 2 tanks , cheers to everyone! Thanks for welcoming me.

Hey all,

you may have read the artical of the kid's sentencing, what a joke - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10804945

our justice system is so corrupt.

Zuri, i now have two tanks set up, one guppy set up and one cichlid set up, all was going well till i did a noob mistake with the guppys and they all died :/

churr for the support, thanks for all the welcoms.

Hey all,

you may have read the artical of the kid's sentencing, what a joke - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10804945

our justice system is so corrupt.

Corrupt isn't quite right (it's no South Africa) But it is certainly the laughing stock of the 1st world...

6 months detention?? 60c for the bullet would be cheaper...

churr for the support, thanks for all the welcoms.

Chur! :thup:

There isn't much you can do to punish a 16 year old, he is still a child in the eyes of the law. Also you have to bear in mind that the boy didn't grow up in a vaccuum, much of our way of life is not healthy and neither are many adults who bring up kids so maybe those around him should also be punished. In any case, I doubt his punishment will end when the sentence is completed, I think this sort of crime against other living creatures has long reaching repercussions.

On a rugby field if you punch a referee you get banned for life. This kid kills someone while racing in a stolen car, then breaks out of incarceration, and gets banned from driving for 2.5 years. Something is very wrong with the justice system.

Hi Trinox -

Rip Mop , was a really nice guy.

Was a very sad day for alot of people then.

I believe I may have worked with you , and my brother still does if you're still working at the same place as around this time last year.

Glad you found some peace in the hobby- Fish are incredibly therapeutic.