PH Levels

aaron11

Right new tank i set up 3 foot been going two weeks

Gravel introduced made a bit of a mess of the water been doing daily water changes

Just got heater going in it today

Fish coming tomrrow as stated 50 guppies 3 foot tank. (stupid i know but im prepared to loose a few)

Anyway.. PH is light blue wish is about 7.0 is that ok???

Old kitt I had

I did my 2 other tanks that have been set up for yeers and years and their PH is only 6.0 it was yellow

I dont know how much to put in the test tube thou as i lost the original one with the marker ive only got one with mls on it

Im goin to just buy an ammonia test kitt now the full one tht should do for a while aye

TIA

Dachende

Yes I know but im going to do daily water changes the tank has been going for 2 weeks

It has 2 filters in it one from the other tank and oen i put in

Plus i put water in from my other tanks.

the ph is good but I have no ammonia test kitt yet

buy a new test kit, they do go out of date after a few years. i had one only 3 years old that was reading up by 3 (im assuming my pH 7.4 tap water is not 10.4 =P

Yes i understand but I cant really afford 60 dollars for the whole big one so I am just going to get the ammonia test kitt

I was told that would do..

You can always take some water to your LFS and they will test it for you 8)

Yes I will fish are fine at the moment will keep up the water change

but with 3 tanks i will get an ammonia kitt

I had one before when I had ammonia in a tank from too much fish

Guppies are lovely in large numbers

The guy i got them off said that he has guppies 100s in a 3 foot tank no filter and his fish are fine

You can have a lot of fish in a cycled tank with a good filter and it will often or usually handle the load. If the fish have reproduced in there then the load increases slowly and there aren't big shocks.

It can be risky to do it with a new tank but doesn't mean it can't be done. You are just going to have to be vigilant in making sure the water quality is pristine while everything and everyone is settling in.

You can have a lot of fish in a cycled tank with a good filter and it will often or usually handle the load. If the fish have reproduced in there then the load increases slowly and there aren't big shocks.

It can be risky to do it with a new tank but doesn't mean it can't be done. You are just going to have to be vigilant in making sure the water quality is pristine while everything and everyone is settling in.

Thanks Sophia

If worse comes to worse i can put some in the lounge tank that only has ten platy fry and one big platy but i dont watn the guppies munching the platy fry

I was going to put the Albino guppies in there but then the platys will only eat the fry when its bigger, and the albinos have been with other fish so they might not always have albino babies

I will do the daily water change and keep at it

I am going to get an aqua one external filter later they are only 160 so that should do a good job..