Breeding Siamese fighters

Jellymeat

They are in a 75 liter tank.

I have some plants in it to help keep the bubble nest is place and a slow moving filtration system.

I had one of them in a breeding net and then once the female was nice a big i put them in together but it has been awhile now and nothing.

Anything i can do to stimulate them to try and breed

How long have they been together for? Is the male still chasing her and trying to get her under the nest? Whats the females reacion to him? If they are ignoring each other then I'd seperate them where they cant see each other for about a week and try again. I find a small water change helps get them in the mood.

How long have they been together for? Is the male still chasing her and trying to get her under the nest? Whats the females reacion to him? If they are ignoring each other then I'd seperate them where they cant see each other for about a week and try again. I find a small water change helps get them in the mood.

They have been together for about two weeks.

He is very interested in her he flares and chases her. But she swims away but she does occasionally flare up at him.

If they can see each other it wont work. usually if they haven't done anything by 4 days I count it as a failed spawn and start again

Ok i dont have another tank to put the female in as i have two other males in my other tank. But i might just put the male im trying to breed into that tank but in a breeding net. Or could i put him into my south american tank or would the ph be to low

do you have any ice cream containers? You might be able to cut bits of it and cover up the sides by attaching with a cable tie or nylon. If you put it right in the corner then you might have to only cover 2 sides. Could put a thick layer of moss on the bottom so the water still circulates.

I have bred gouramis and I think bettas are pretty similar? If so then there are a lot of things you can do to induce spawning. First thing is to give them high protein feed (thats true for any breeding fish) blood worms would work great. Idealy that should be done before putting them together but I think the female is showing interest so it might work when the are already in the same tank. Other things you could do: if the water level is more than 20cm, lower the water in the tank. Put a floating plastic lid in one corner of the tank that will help the male bulid the nest. Another option is to bunch up alot of floating and broad leaf plants in the corner of the tank. The male and female need their own 'space' so make sure you set up a lot of hiding places/plants for the female in the other corner of the tank, that way she will feel safe and less stressed. I think water changes and increasing the temp a bit may also be used as triggers. Make sure water parameters are very stable and good. Keep an eye on the male to make sure he does'nt get too aggresive. The tank needs to be in a quiet spot without strong lighting and avoid sudden movments/noise to reduce stress as much as possible.

Hope that helps