My 360L Planted Tank - Update 25/07/13 Page 3

BrendanNSANZ

Tanks look great mate.as for glass thickness etc there is alot of different gradings of glass and the methods used to make tanks will vary the height is usually the critical part but if bottom is well braced and top middle braced holding up to 400litres would be fine.im a glazier by the way.

nice wood in tank aswell

Tanks look great mate.as for glass thickness etc there is alot of different gradings of glass and the methods used to make tanks will vary the height is usually the critical part but if bottom is well braced and top middle braced holding up to 400litres would be fine.im a glazier by the way.

nice wood in tank aswell

Cheers Zuri :)

• 3 months later...

Update:

Tank was broken down and soil substrate added, dry start method followed for which all plants were given a big prune.

Also added an external CO2 reactor:

IMG_0515.jpg

50x25mm UPVC Reducing Bush x 2

25x15mm UPVC Reducing Bush PL/THD x 2

50mm UPVC Socket Coupler Plain x 1

50mm UPVC Cap Plain End x 1

15mm PVC Male NPT Hose Adaptor x 2

50mm UPVC Tee Plain x 1

50mm UPVC Pressure Pipe PN 9 Class C SOE x 0.5M

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Current sole inhabitant with his mrs to keep him company:

IMG_0510.jpg

• 1 month later...
What type of moss is that? How did you attach it to the wood looks great

It's Java moss, originally it was tied with normal sewing thread and over time it grows onto the wood and creeps all over it. It's a bit of a pain come time to trim it as the little bits go everywhere and come to rest at the base of plants where they begin growing.

It's Java moss, originally it was tied with normal sewing thread and over time it grows onto the wood and creeps all over it. It's a bit of a pain come time to trim it as the little bits go everywhere and come to rest at the base of plants where they begin growing.

When you trim the moss, turn the filter off. Then trim the moss and once your finished trimming use a siphon to suck up all the little bits that float around.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I took a bit of break (kids and work have kept me busy) but have gotten back into it. Have rearranged and replanted areas. Have added rocks and wood

Have this week added some hardware:

PH Controller

Added an additional reactor so now have one running into each end of the tank.

New HQI lights are due to arrive this week.

Intend to add the following plants in the front corner:

Rotala Wallichii

Rotala Macrandra

IMG_0720_zps2b8ee315.jpg

IMG_0723_zpsa80ad437.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The HQI fixtures arrived a week ago, everything is pearling like crazy.

Still have to string up the cables so have the lights sitting on lengths of 2x4 currently, it was the only way to create sufficient distance.

IMG_7218_zps59566bfa.jpg

Have some more plants on the way courtesy of Caryl :happy1:

I will post up some more pics once those have been added.

Its looking good. :)

Do you have dwarf chain loaches in your tank? I found that until a couple of weeks ago mine stripped the rotala bare every time a new shoot appeared. They have left it alone the last couple of weeks but I have no idea why.

Its looking good. :)

Do you have dwarf chain loaches in your tank? I found that until a couple of weeks ago mine stripped the rotala bare every time a new shoot appeared. They have left it alone the last couple of weeks but I have no idea why.

Thanks Adrienne.

There aren't any Chain loaches in this tank, I've not actually owned them previously. Good to know though, will cross them off my list of potential future additions.

Currently in this tank:

Angels, Harlequins, SAE's, Otto's. Bristlenose Pleco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...