New Bubble Tip Anenome

addy

Hi there, we have recently purchased a bubble tip anemone for our marine tank. He seemed to settle in ok, moved himself into a spot that suited him and today the third day of having him we found him deflated. I understand they can sulk but not sure that they would do it three days later and if so how long should we expect him to sulk for???

Thanks heaps for your help :-?

Thanks for the help. Yes there is one clown fish which has grown a liking to it, however the anemone is large (inflated about 20cm in diameter) and the clown fish is fairly small. Would this be stressing the anemone?

no won't stress the anemone

even my big maroon is dwarfed by the BTA when its fully inflated

Hi there, we have recently purchased a bubble tip anemone for our marine tank. He seemed to settle in ok, moved himself into a spot that suited him and today the third day of having him we found him deflated. I understand they can sulk but not sure that they would do it three days later and if so how long should we expect him to sulk for???

Thanks heaps for your help :-?

MIne shrinks from a dinner plate size to next to nothing at the same time every night. It really annoys the clown fish who still try to get in it even though it's tiny. I takes an hour or two to get back to full size. Sounds like yours is perfectly normal :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I will post some photos soon. You wouldn't believe that the anenome has since got stuck to our wave make and lost nearly all his tentacles - was absolutely horrible. We got him out of it and let him rest and a week later he has grown new tentacles and is his happy self again.

:happy2: