Purple Elephant Eared Salamander Fighter, I got one!!!!

Shirlsscott

Hi All

I have managed to score myself what I believe to be a purple elephant eared salamander Fighter. He looks awesome. The guys at Hff in Mt Roskil had him. If someone tells me how to load a photo I'll get one up.

What im really after though is some ideas on breeding him, HFF say I would be lucky to find a matching female, but what i want to do mainly is retain the elephant ears and the purple colour (not worried on body type). I have a purple halfmoon female, would this retain the colour in the fry?

I also have a very nice female blue and red crown tail, which has a touch of dragon in her?

Or do one of you guys know anyone breeding purple females of any type and would purple + purple retain the purple in the fry??????

Does anyone have experience with these fighters??????

So many questions! :happy2: :happy2:

does his fins a bit more justice but for some reason the camera just doesnt pick up the purple, its coming through as more red but in real life its deep purple round the edges before the white tip and real bright lighter purple in the middle any hints on the camera action :slfg:

Anyway any thoughts more on retaining the purple and ears or do you recon cross with any purple....

What about crossing with a deep red HM....?

Or a blue short fin HM....?

or has anyone got a female the same that they would like to sell me....?

wow. If I could get that in purple with the elephant ears. I would be more than happy... :happy1:

I'll post again when they spawn as i'll be out of town for a week, I'll leave my son to feed them up while im gone. hopefully I can put them in a breeding tank on my return.

Cheers for now

Hi All

They have spawned.... He built the biggest bubble nest ive ever seen, put in poly cup with the bottom cut off, and he blew his bubble nest straight away, filled 2/3 of the cup and then started blowing round the edges of the cup....his bubble nest is about 6 inches in diameter... he was only in with the female 1/2 hour (Shes obviously separated by a coke bottle). both seemed so keen for it I thought bugger it, i'll throw them together. So after twos of flaring and nest building i let her go (Usually i wait a couple of days, but excitement got the better of me) As soon as I let her out I thought ooooppps he chased her for about twenty minutes really viscious.... But as soon as she got under the bubble nest it was sweet..... 20 minutes later all over... took her out and the nest is full of eggs... probably about 100-120.... Not bad, probably could have been more but he went sadistic on her again. Should have some wigglers by the time I get home tonight! :happy2:

I will let you know what happens

Hi All

They have spawned.... He built the biggest bubble nest ive ever seen, put in poly cup with the bottom cut off, and he blew his bubble nest straight away, filled 2/3 of the cup and then started blowing round the edges of the cup....his bubble nest is about 6 inches in diameter... he was only in with the female 1/2 hour (Shes obviously separated by a coke bottle). both seemed so keen for it I thought bugger it, i'll throw them together. So after twos of flaring and nest building i let her go (Usually i wait a couple of days, but excitement got the better of me) As soon as I let her out I thought ooooppps he chased her for about twenty minutes really viscious.... But as soon as she got under the bubble nest it was sweet..... 20 minutes later all over... took her out and the nest is full of eggs... probably about 100-120.... Not bad, probably could have been more but he went sadistic on her again. Should have some wigglers by the time I get home tonight! :happy2:

I will let you know what happens

Stunning!!!!! Have the eggs hatched? Photos of the fry :bounce:

Hi, I have Wigglers!!!

No point taking the photos theres a million photos of wigglers on here, I'll wait till I have some colour!!!! :lol:

Hopefully they survive till that stage, my last tank of fry died off all in one go as the dog got his paw in the tank and decided to stir them up a bit :sick:

No more tanks on the floor :lol:

Ill up date you all soon....

Hi, I have Wigglers!!!

No point taking the photos theres a million photos of wigglers on here, I'll wait till I have some colour!!!! :lol:

Hopefully they survive till that stage, my last tank of fry died off all in one go as the dog got his paw in the tank and decided to stir them up a bit :sick:

No more tanks on the floor :lol:

Ill up date you all soon....

All good, how goes the fry?

• 2 weeks later...

Going real well haven't lost a single one yet :thup:

Hopefully going to transfer them into a bigger tank soon got an ar850 off trademe for $110 so fingers crossed this cleans up ok and no leaks and they will all go into that next weekend or maybe the weekend after. think I got myself a bargain.....

• 3 weeks later...