ATI lighting.

Ymir

Yep you can get ATI fixtures in NZ. There's two types, both of which are available in dimmable or non dimmable models - Sunpower and Powermodule. Not sure if you can get both in NZ though. I've only seen the Powermodule on one site. The Sunpower has less cooling fans than the Powermodule, and is built slightly differently. IMO the Powermodule is the better of the two. The dimmable modules are compatible with GHL ProfiLux controllers and a few other different controllers. Also I wouldn't buy them in NZ, they're pretty expensive here! It would probably work out cheaper to buy from overseas, and although shipping would cost a bomb it would still be cheaper than buying in NZ. Have a look on the net if you want to read reviews and discussions about these lights. Apparently they are really well-made, and you can buy replaceable parts if something goes wrong. From what I've read these are the best T5HO fixtures on the market and are real value for money :)

Here's the link to the Powermodules;

http://www.reefsmart.co.nz/lighting/powermodule-t5-high-output-fixture.html

I assume Ymir wants then to grow corals. The GLO ones would be OK for a small tank, but if it is a bigger tank, then you'd have to buy heaps of them, it would look ugly, and there would be heaps of power cords everywhere as the GLO ones only take two tubes per unit, and you need much more light to grow corals than a couple of GLO units. Also you can't control the Hagen GLO's or fully or dim them.

Actually it is for african cichlids. :slfg:

The tank will be 600mm deep. So I need some grunt to get light down there.

However, I am going to start a marine tank up and I have been thinking about using ATI. So I Will use it as a chance to decide if it is actually what I want before I fork over some serious coinage for a marine tank.