ID Please

Adrienne

in case your after an albino... Bird barn has some nice ones cheap too

Me? Not currently but I am trying to sort out what I will do when I return from overseas in July. I do want to purchase a big plec though for my 5 ft tank.

Things are prettty unsettled here atm with an impending house shift somewhere in the next twelve months, very possibly sooner.

If I restart my tanks in the shed up I am thinking of species tanks with a large variety of species but I do not want to do that only to have to shift them all when we move.

You need to reply to the TM ad with what is actually is now Ade and suggest he researches as well :wink:

saw that - i thought i would send them the link to planet catfish and tell him that I have links to the majority of the most knowledgable people in the country!! :happy2:

He/she's a muppet. The term bristlenose is used for species of Ancistrus, and yes there are over 60 scientifically described species. However chocolate plecos are a form of common pleco and they are a species of sailfin pleco or Pterygoplichthys of which there are 14 known species.

Thought you might like my response which will most probably not be shown -

My question was a genuine one as I was (note was) interested in the plec photographed but I was not interested in purchasing a bristlenose. My research is pretty thorough - http://www.planetcatfish.com

By the way, I have access to many many highly knowledgeable fish keepers, in particular plec keepers, who happily answer my questions without being rude.

Cheers guys, thanks for your help.