How a dad responded too a spoiled little girls facebook post

mcrudd

each to their own and don't judge others based on your own life experiience

don't judge anyone until you have walked a mile in their shoes

then you can judge them

because you are a mile away and you've got their shoes

fair enough L.A :sage: or shall i say yoda

its not that i have issues with parents as such

im sure everyone agrees with me being a teenager is hard enough with fitting in at school and homework chores etc just hate to see anybody suffering

just the way i am i like to see people smiling :slfg:

Why do you analyze the family history? Because she has been told off before? Why do you make it seem like this is a major drama that other families don't go through?

do you think that shooting a girl's laptop in public is not dramatic? I don't know whether what he did is right or wrong for his particular family because as I keep saying nobody knows what happens behind closed doors there, but my opinion based on what I saw and as a once trained child trainer is that there are other ways of demonstrating tough love than the way he did it. You seem to think I am on the side of the child because I criticised the father - I think both of their behaviour would be out of order in what I would call a normal family. Maybe that's normal for them :dunno:

lol that was pretty funny. A better response would have been, you can have your laptop back when when you have a permanent job as it sounds like that was the real issue. Personally I think its somewhat the parents responsibility to "help" the kid get a job. Its not as easy as you think, I applied for heaps of jobs and never even got a call back. If it wasn't for my brother helping me get a job I doubt I would have got one before i was 17

Getting your first job and learning how hard it is to earn your own money really turns people around

wow, I got my own job, all by myself at 14yrs. Actually my first job was at 12 when I had a paper run, also got that without parental input or prodding too. Did not affect my schoolwork in any way at all.

Really don't think you can blame having a part time job for having poor grades at high school :dunno: You can blame poor grades on not doing the work tho.

I agree that a 15yo shouldn't have to get a job but I wonder if she wants a lot of expensive "stuff" but wants her parents to pay for it who refuse - she therefore needs a job....

The only thing I could blame on having poor grades when I was 15, was the fact that I was 15. The attitude I have now I could have easily picked up a few more chores as well as the part time job, and do well at school, it was much much easier to learn and work then too, almost seemed effortless in comparison.

do you think that shooting a girl's laptop in public is not dramatic?

I think it was a farm, not in public. And I didn't see anyone else around, it seems like he was filming this himself.

But this got me thinking....

Was it his gun that is setting people off? I see no fault in his actions, but I would love to hear opinions (sorry if my responses get a bit heated, I'm well-known for arguing. :oops: )

If he had simply taken the laptop away, would it have been any different? It seems like it was his and she was just using it (purely conjecture) and when she pushed things too far he simply took it away (with bullets :hail: )

in public = on facebook

I didn't even think of the 'using a gun to solve a dispute' side of it until much later but it doesn't bother me. Smashing it with a baseball bat may have seemed more aggressive, the quick clean action of the gun didn't enrage me at all :slfg:

in public = on facebook

I didn't even think of the 'using a gun to solve a dispute' side of it until much later but it doesn't bother me. Smashing it with a baseball bat may have seemed more aggressive, the quick clean action of the gun didn't enrage me at all :slfg:

So... how could the father have destroyed the laptop without upsetting the public? dropped in acid? or saltwater...

water-netted-fish.jpgThis fish is just "Browsing the NET" :sml1:

do you think that shooting a girl's laptop in public is not dramatic? I don't know whether what he did is right or wrong for his particular family because as I keep saying nobody knows what happens behind closed doors there, but my opinion based on what I saw and as a once trained child trainer is that there are other ways of demonstrating tough love than the way he did it. You seem to think I am on the side of the child because I criticised the father - I think both of their behaviour would be out of order in what I would call a normal family. Maybe that's normal for them :dunno:

What? Yes it was dramatic that was the point.

I was referring you analyzing their family history as " drama " How do you know and based on what, one action?

Pointless debate.

I would like to point out though as you said. "as a once trained child trainer is that there are other ways of demonstrating tough love than the way he did it"

So you had to be trained before you knew that. There are no manuals when it come to raising children you use what is at your disposal and I think he did that well. YES it could have been treated differently but that could be said about every action you or I have ever made.

Would have been no different if he drove over it and even worse if it was a story you heard about and only getting half truths.

Don't understand the argument to be honest.

Girl broke boundaries

Father warned her

girl did it again

girl faced repercussions

so if it was flipped and he broke the boundarys of using her basically as a slave and lets be honest theres alot of those parents would that be fine to you.we dont know her side of the story just an embaressed parent who wants to make himself look good right?

i am totally on your side sophia :thup: and im sure they are both at fault but of course hes going to come out looking better because she cant put her words in

so if it was flipped and he broke the boundarys of using her basically as a slave and lets be honest theres alot of those parents would that be fine to you.we dont know her side of the story just an embaressed parent who wants to make himself look good right?

i am totally on your side sophia :thup: and im sure they are both at fault but of course hes going to come out looking better because she cant put her words in

So the issue to you, is that she is being punished for acting out, JUST because she had chores to do? The fact that the laptop was shot BECAUSE of HER OUTBURST has nothing to do with it, your beef was that she was expected to do chores?

She couldn't even be bothered to return a job application. He's bought her a damn computer. Slaves don't get laptops bought for them. If a slave had a laptop, and the laptop broke, the slave would have to fix it, with their own money.

He was doing her a favour, and she was ungrateful.

I said if it was flipped and he was lying about it all to make himself look good is that OK to you guys?my beef is nobody here knows the full story and without knowing that it's not a valid argument he could say anything and she can't defend it.

jesus this has taken a turn for the worse.

So you are angry because he could be lying? what reason would he have for lying? because he wanted to shoot her laptop and needed a good reason for it so just decided to make up a facebook post about a daughter he may or may not have that may have not done her chores that may or may not have existed.

What if he was a sausage and the laptop was a shoe?

Sorry Zuri, I read you posts a few times but your argument changes and doesn't seem to have substance.

We have seen an act from a girl that is true, there was a link to her facebook, this was a repeat act and she was warned previously.

The father states why he did it and the history.

Correct me if I am wrong, but your argument is that we can't debate it because he could be lying?

Can you explain about what?

I am lost

Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

This is sooooo off topic. I just wanted you guys to have a laugh nothing serious. I think this thread should be locked, too many personal issues being aired in public now. Please mods close this for me since I am the orriginal poster :facepalm: