Vintage Car Club Rally 2012

supasi

Last week Wanganui was fortunate to put on great weather and a great time in hosting the 2012 International VCC Rally. There was 200 overseas entrants who had joined 500 New Zealand vehicles in the 10-day event. Special guest was Nick Mason ( drummer from Pink Floyd) who opened the event.

It was awesome to see so many cars just cruising around town.

I live right across the road from the event headquarters so was seeing hundreds of different cars each night from my lounge window.

As part of the ending of the event the cars did a final parade around the city to allow the public to view them as they went by, three groups headed off in three directions so that each part of town got to see some cars. I went and sat at the gate as one of the groups was leaving( they left from different gates) and took some photos of some of the cars. Unfortunately I never got any photos of some of the really old buggy type cars but I got some nice big posh ones. Click my link to view just a few of the cars I photographed as they left on the parade.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/supasi/sets/72157629051614399/show/

Enjoy

We hope to join in on those once I am fit to travel long distances again. We had planned to go to the Art Deco event in Napier but will have to wait until next year.

We saw a number of those cars pass through here too.

Grant is out this morning doing computer jobs. He went in his 1928 Chrysler 52.