Which apistos go together?

Belgianbiscuit

in my experience almost all apistos will go well, with the exception of occasional chasing, just make sure there is plenty of plants. that said with ramirezi i would be cautious as they can get much bigger than most apistos. sounds like a good tank let us know when its up and running.

Rams do not get bigger than most apisto's but they will usually live peacefully enough together as long as you have a large enough tank and hiding spots.

The only time you might have a problem is if one or both try to spawn and even then I have never seen any ram getting the better of any apisto, especially a female apisto with eggs or fry.

Most female apistos require a 30 x 30cm territory each. Males usually have one about twice this size or more.

Blue rams will usually only defend a small territory.

A.cacatouides or macmasteri should go well with them as they require very similar parameters.

• 4 months later...

Hongsloi are awesome but I have lost my last 4 males (over the last 2 years) so I now only have females. You can buy them off me if you want. Get a male from HFF and get the proven adult females from me for half the price of the shop stuff ;)

There is no such thing as blue apisto Its is probably Apistogramma sp. 'Steel Blue'. The only other fish known as the blue apisto is the A. panduro but I dont think thats in the country anymore.

Macmasteri and trifasciata go really well together in my experience :thup:

I'd be wary of putting agassizii and trifasciata together because I have them in the same tank and there is a wee bit of aggression but so far nothing serious, just a bit of flaring.

• 4 weeks later...