hello

loginthesand

hi guys, i was stung with the addiction about 4 years ao now and it as escalated ever since,

i guess i should do a bit of a blurb of myself;

im currently living in green bay Auckland but spend 2-3 days a week in matakana at my girlfeinds(shes mad on fish too, fortunatly)

i have 3-4 tanks set up at the mo, my monster tank measuring 180x60wx78h approx 840L

a juwel rio 125L with the only Amazon puffer to make it through quarantine about a yaer ago

a small apisto breeder tank in my room

and a hospital tank with two "mystus" cats growing up in it, they have recently come into the country and can be found at hollywood FF mt roskil.

my girlfriend also has a rather large tank 210lx70wx55h approx 810L, and uses it as a huge planted/angel comunity tank. ill upload some photos of the tanks and various fish tonight once im home from summer school.

im currently studying Aquaculture at AUT and this will be my last year, then i find a job and a house, not looking forward to the move with my fish tanks. im hoping to get a job with the mahurangi technical institute studying freshwater species, or as back ups, the ministry of fisheries working on quota management, or helping a a friend of mine that breeds goldfish around his farm.

cheers

Logan

thanks everyone for the welcome,

ah the apistoes :facepalm:, none succesfully yet, the tank finised it cycle about 2 weeks ago and i have introduced a macmasteri pair to begin with, i also have two pairs of double red agassizzis and a male steel blue for looks, and im trying to get a hold of a hongsloi pair and cacatoides. i will create a new post if and when im successful.

heres some photos of my two main tanks and some of their inhabitants.

850L tank

IMG_7428.jpg

my palmas birchir

IMG_7424.jpg

flag tail

IMG_7417.jpg

silver aro

IMG_7413.jpg

and other inhabitants

IMG_7403.jpg

IMG_7400.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

IMG_7378.jpg

there is plenty more fish just hard to find them, such as a 40cm fire eel and BGKF, and an ornate birchir and a couple JD's.

rio 125 and its inhabitants

IMG_7432.jpg

in the lower left is the puffer will try to get better photos of him but he's difficult

IMG_7429.jpg

IMG_7436.jpg

picked this one up on the way home today

IMG_7434.jpg

thanks for the welcome commity everyone look forward to chatting

logan

Is this a Krib variation? if so, where did you get it? I've been tryin to convince the wife that Kribensis are awesome, but she thinks they're too dark

sorry no, its one of my agassizzi males, coloured up quite impressively i thought. got it from hollywood mt roskil about 8 months ago. cheers.