my texas is recovering

wee2

hi people, here is a follow up thread. photos approven that my texas is recovering magnificently. not showing oof or urging people to copy what I have done. just give a little hint on what you could do more likely to save a little life. and never give up from saving your fish.

compare-1.jpg

A good improvement. Are you still using medication or has the course finished?

I have finished the treat but still doing 1/2 water change with stress coat+ added twice every week. the tumor is gradually smaller and smaller. will do a final followup thread when the tumor is disappeard.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like an inflammatory mass which is regressing. Even if it were a tumor, which it is unlikely, it would not be innervated and so a small incision as you made was very unlikely to be painful. We don't necessarily anaesthetize humans when injecting into inflammatory masses. Would like to know if the globe has been perforated by the infection which would mean maintaining clean as possible water. My 2c as a human biologist.

It is regressing and I'm waiting patiently for an update from Wee2 :spop:

:cofn:

Graham, you will find the original thread if you search under Wee2 in the diseases section - there was an inflammatory mass and some inflammatory posts but it is interesting reading

It looks like an inflammatory mass which is regressing. Even if it were a tumor, which it is unlikely, it would not be innervated and so a small incision as you made was very unlikely to be painful.

:thup: :bow:

We don't necessarily anaesthetize humans when injecting into inflammatory masses. Would like to know if the globe has been perforated by the infection which would mean maintaining clean as possible water. My 2c as a human biologist.

the globe dose not look like it has been infected. that is why it got recoverd so well. the water change from once every two days down to once every week since he has moved in to a larger tank (800L). he is the healthest ever :thup: thank you for sharing your knowlegde and concern.