How to get rid of plants/Free to anyone who wants them?

sarahny

My tank has been overgrown and I just pruned it quite heavily and now have a bunch of excess plants. How do I get rid of it? I was going to chuck it down the insinkerator, but then thought that might be a bad idea in case it got into streams?? I don't know if that's even possible! Or can I just chuck it in the bin? I live in an apartment so I don't have a garden or compost.

Sorry if it's a really silly question! I just wanted to make double sure before I went ahead as I don't want to contribute to the aquatic plant pest problem by accident.

Alternatively, I'm happy to give the cuttings away to anyone who wants them?? A good handful of xmas moss, green pine, rotala rotundifolia and another plant I think maybe called babytears? (the plant in the far right of this pic http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cwbt2D65i9k/SXTKBS7j9MI/AAAAAAAACj4/7qbGyx7xNQ4/s1600-h/81337993_101f97c680.jpg). They are sitting in a container of water at the moment so not sure how long they will last for.

My tank has been overgrown and I just pruned it quite heavily and now have a bunch of excess plants. How do I get rid of it? I was going to chuck it down the insinkerator, but then thought that might be a bad idea in case it got into streams?? I don't know if that's even possible!

It's not possible.

Or can I just chuck it in the bin?

That's easiest.

Alternatively, I'm happy to give the cuttings away to anyone who wants them??

Also a very good way.