Powercut

glennn

Cool thanks

I was thinking about a battery powered air pump

I have 2 canister filters a ehiem 2080 and a via aqua something or other

I was thinking about running a converter off of a car battery but i have no knowledge of how long it would last

I did the converter off a car battery (not actually a car battery, but very similar) during the earthquake, it lasted for about 10 hoursish? So might be a bit hit and miss - I'd go with the filter media in a container - the fish will be fine for that period of time, just do a water change when the power comes back on.

:dunno: Take the media out and place in a shallow container, deep enough to cover it all though, and cover with tank water. This should allow the bacteria to breath. :dunno:

This is looking like the option

Would it be better to run a battery powered airline for the media aswell?

I wouldn't stress it personally.

8 hours is not that long a period, the water in teh filter should be well oxygenated prior to cut-off, and not all bacteria are in the filter.

They grow EVERYWHERE, substrate, glass, rocks, etc. Even if there is a slight lossof numbers, an extra 20% water change in the next week will help, and they will quickly re-generate.

Bacteria are some of the hardiest organisms on the planet. :thup: