November 28, 201114 yr comment_463006 hi guys, Anyone can tell me where I can get cheap thick Polysheet to use as tank backgroud DIY? need around 1500mm X 750mm x 100mm size. probably two of them... or one 1500mm x 750mm x 150mm. Many thx :digH: Report
November 28, 201114 yr comment_463010 I find it easier to just buy a 2.4m x 1.2m x 40mm insulation sheet of poly from any hardware place and glue them together to make it thicker. Report
November 28, 201114 yr Author comment_463034 Thanks guys... I just got Greg fixed up my 5 foot 900L tank silicons and put euro bracing and lid on. Now im ready to do my "Dream" DIY 3D background..... I will get some polysheet from mitre 10 first. $31 each sheet... they aren't cheap aye... :facepalm: Report
November 28, 201114 yr comment_463037 They will probably be cheaper up North, Nothings cheap down South. Report
November 28, 201114 yr comment_463046 Thanks guys... I will get some polysheet from mitre 10 first. $31 each sheet... they aren't cheap aye... :facepalm: hi bro, lookin foward to view your tank sooner. it will be a beautiful display tank with a background. PAYLESS might have got some cheeper deals. Report
November 28, 201114 yr comment_463077 Hey go to Expol! - 105 Captain Springs Road. Its way cheaper than any hardware store, as they manufacture it. Also if you ask they often have some nice big blocks from offcuts. This is where i went when i made my background. Report
November 28, 201114 yr comment_463081 i found the low density stuff like expol difficult to carve and retain shape but it is a lot cheaper as it uses a lot less raw material than a high density sheet Report
November 28, 201114 yr comment_463088 water based glue when bonding sheets together i use max bond, has for polystyrene on the tube Report
November 28, 201114 yr comment_463102 Bunnings also reasonable price and you have one at Botany. Expol are about same or cheaper but from Highland Park it's more of a drive to Onehunga Report
November 28, 201114 yr Author comment_463145 hi bro, lookin foward to view your tank sooner. it will be a beautiful display tank with a background. PAYLESS might have got some cheeper deals. Thx, welcome you know where I am. Report
November 28, 201114 yr Author comment_463146 Hey go to Expol! - 105 Captain Springs Road. Its way cheaper than any hardware store, as they manufacture it. Also if you ask they often have some nice big blocks from offcuts. This is where i went when i made my background. Thanks Man! I will give them a call first today I will try my local Bunnings on Sat and will get one if there is not much price difference... Report
November 28, 201114 yr Author comment_463148 Bunnings also reasonable price and you have one at Botany. Expol are about same or cheaper but from Highland Park it's more of a drive to Onehunga Yes, I will ring Expol get some pricing first. Then Bunnings. Thx Report
November 29, 201114 yr comment_463185 I Have a masssssive sheet 2.5 x 1.2 x .1 sheet you can have for free, but u have to come and pick it up from Pukekohe, reckon if you cut it into 3 you could easily fit it in a station wagon. Or strap it to a roof and drive back on great south road rater than the the motorway.... txt me 0211255111 if you keen. Report
November 30, 201114 yr Author comment_463253 Thank you so much beets82 I got one from Bunnings. $27.50 for a 1800 X 1200 X 900 sheet. Report
November 30, 201114 yr comment_463265 They will probably be cheaper up North, Nothings cheap down South. cars are cheaper down south... :digH: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.