My New Nuggets

fishplants

Hey are you going to breed these plecos?

Did you get them in Christchurch or elsewhere?

They are getting more expensive I think.

Malcolm.

Hey Malcolm,

no, I have no intention of breeding these fish. Even though the 18 and the 177 have been classified as the one species, I would not want to sully their obvious differences. If I was going to attempt to breed I would stick with a single L number.

They came from Organism Ltd, Ilam Road. John and Tamara are bringing in quite a few plecs at the moment, and it is great to be able to view the fish before deciding to purchase. I was lucky because John had all three in the shop at the same time.

cheers

Thanks all. I am absolutely rapt with them.

I took my 4 year old son to Organism just for a look, and couldn't believe it when I saw all 3 variants of Gold Nuggets! They had a Sunshine Plec too, but it was a stretch to get these three!

They are all in the same QT at the moment. The food I am putting in is disappearing rapidly, but I am not certain that all three are eating yet. I want to be sure all are eating before introducing into the main tank. I will probably move one into another QT by itself to test if it is eating, and repeat that again.

I was very lucky with the photos, the individual photos were taken a few minutes after putting them in the QT, they hadn't enough time to find the good hidey-holes. Trying to get photos of them now would be very difficult.

• 2 months later...
nice plecs dude. hopefully in a big tank? heard they can be aggro towards one another

Yes, 5 foot 400l.........soon! Currently I have these three plus another L018 in a temporary 45 litre tank until the earthquake repairs are finished on the house. There is no fighting at this stage, although they are all young. They all share the same piece of driftwood and seem to have an uneasy truce!