L47 or L14???

jamosfish

I reckon the L14 in a good large size looks spectacular.

i didnt wanna get one small risk stunted spicimens

but picked this up froim HFF few weeks back

Extremely active, eats like a pig (which i love)

look s geat in the dark substrate

its about 17 cms....

the other one is nice, i would get it too, but if you HAD to choose one, L14 i reckon

Thanks for all the replies.

Henward.... I went in to get that 14 but just missed it hahaha

I think I will get both as I can't truely decided.

My first ever fancy plec I got was a Sunshine and had to sell her when I moved back here from OZ.

Anyone got any pics of Magnums?

Personally I'd go for L14. In my opinion they are a nicer looking fish and one of my favourites, although being a carnivore they may be a bad option if you keep them with more vegetarian plecos. Even the vegetarians seem to like a carnivorous diet although its not good for their digestive system.

Great looking goldie KP and great to see they still look fantastic when approaching 30 cm. Mine are a fair bit smaller and younger. Heres my two larger goldies at 16 and 18 cm

2087980910100841066S500x500Q85.jpg

2454585010100841066S500x500Q85.jpg

yeah Hikari tropical algal wafers are a great food for mainly vegetarian catfish or as part of the diet for omnivores. My goldies do eat a few of them on a regular basis and willl have a good crack at a piece of corgette as well but I also feed them shrimp pellets, carnivore tablets, shrimp tails and the odd feed of blood worms and fish.

What do you feed your monster goldie on KP?

The main problem with keeping more vegetarian plecos with the carnivores is that they will all eat high protein foods, often in preference to algal wafers, and a high protein diet is not good for the digestive system of vegetarian plecos. So a mango pleco and a goldie may get on OK in the same tank but while a high protein diet may be great for your goldie, it may eventually kill your mango pleco. I lost my big royal (28 cm) a while a go due to its fondness for carnivore tablets so I now only keep my carnivorous plecos together.