can a fish get on plane nation-wide

wee2

Yeah should be able to do it, I think there are tons of threads on it on here so do a search and you will find tons of info.. From memory the best thing to do was just to show up with the fish and not ask too many questions, if you start asking questions of if you can or not it becaomes hard and they just say no..

yeah i have done it on Air New Zealand - from akl to wlg, and will possibly be doing it again shortly :) if you have the fish wrapped in paper and what not they may require that you take the bag out so they can check underneath the bag to make sure you are not carrying anything dangerous - also make sure they dont XRAY it

My sister and her daughter flew from Blenheim to Auckland with 4 cooler bags (2 each) of fish as hand luggage on the plane with them. Nobody asked, and they didn't tell :wink:

I have flown with an ice cream container containing an axolotl. The only reaction I got was a "Eeew!" from the stewardess when she asked what was in the container, so I showed her. :lol:

dovii or not

flying with fish is a little hit and miss

pack fish in teh usual way and then in a cooler bag

say nothing

go thru security and when the ask show them then keep going

have done thsi a dozen times and never been turned back

and I have always been VERY grateful for peopel who have done it for me as well

HTH

Navarre

Hi there.

It is my story.

Three years ego I've sold my beautiful 20 cm Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus to Christchurch. By chance I was going on holiday to South Island fallowing week and I offered free delivery.

I've placed the fish in the bag (like you would do) and put the bag to small polibox with handle.

It was part of my cabin luggage. I kept the box under my seat.

Air hostess was ammused. She said "it's OK as long I don't spill the water on the carpet" :slfg: