Guess what I saw the other day :) - F1 tropheus in NZ!

ryanjury

redrainbow1.jpg

redrainbow.jpg

Went around to a mates place and had a tank full of F1 (yes the real deal F1 ie offspring from wild fish) Tropheus moorii Kambiwimba Red Rainbow!! They are only young fish so not fully coloured so the pics above are off the net, but they are F1 fish from a good source I didn't think I would ever see anything like these in NZ, can't wait for them to mature and colour up fully!

:thup: :thup: :love: :love:

OMG, I'm soo excited by this, I'm gonna start saving up now for some F2's

I agree, these and some of the other fish that he has wont be given away but they will be the best quality africans in NZ so people who are keen on them should definitely start saving there are exciting things on the way. In saying that some of the prices that I have heard being thrown around are less than most of the other tropheus were retailing for a few years back so pretty reasonable considering the costs involved in getting them.

Without getting into too many details & protect the identity of the owner- for good reason.

Were they a private shipment? I'm guessing yes.

And is there any chance of getting the details of the quarantine facility/Importer used?

I understand the sensitivity so you can get hold of me privately if you feel it needs to be on the down low.

Owen

Without getting into too many details & protect the identity of the owner- for good reason.

Were they a private shipment? I'm guessing yes.

And is there any chance of getting the details of the quarantine facility/Importer used?

I understand the sensitivity so you can get hold of me privately if you feel it needs to be on the down low.

Owen

I don't know details of where they came from or how they got here, I do know they were obtained legally (quarantined etc) and the real deal from a reputable source in Germany but I don't know any more than that sorry.. Maybe more details will come out later but until then we just have to be grateful they are here and there is a chance we can have them one day. :)

• 5 months later...
Any updates on these Ryan? Has your friend bred them yet? :bounce:

Have been pretty slack recently and haven't been out there for a while to check them out but at a guess they would still be too young to breed.. I will have to go out and have a look think he has more species now..

• 4 weeks later...