My planted 33 litre community - April 2013 rescape pg 8

Sophia

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's May and there are only have a few areas with my arch nemesis hair algae. I am hoping that this is because the extra filter is circulating the water around more and reducing dead spots. Also I put the lighted time down to only 2 hours a day and the plants are still growinng. There is no shortage of natural light in here so it's not like they are in the dark.

The barclaya flower came off a couple of weeks ago and melted it's stalk but the rest of the leaves are still alive. I never saw the seeds so either there weren't any or they went straight into the gravel.

In other news there were 2 deaths, 1 ember tetra that swelled up and went opaque, and a mosquito rasbora that was looking weak since before the rescape and the other day he finally started to look like he was struggling. Out came the clove oil.

Killies are growing. There is one that is twice the size of the others, I suspect a female, and 2 that are still small that have Fry Wars so I think they are males.

• 2 months later...

I owe this thread an update.

Currently there many CPD fry, 1 mosquito rasbora and 5 ember tetra. Funnily enough, the boss of the tank is the mosquito rasbora, he zips around at dinner time stealing as much as can fit in his tiny stomach. Fortunately he is grossly outnumbered by everyone else so his antics don't upset anyone. The CPD fry are all just about big enough to see spots, and a few are almost fully grown.