leeches

Carriej

anyone ever had any trouble with these? I tried catching mysis shrimp down in the esuary and I have managed to infest my tank with leeches.

they are only tiny, about 1 cm long. but they have already killed several fish.

I will remove the fish in the tank, and I am thinking about putting my loaches in there to see if they can eradicate this pest. otherwise I can strip down, and sterilise the tank.

anybody have an idea how the loaches will handle this? they are real good with snails, but I dont know how thay will do with something that will attack them back.

anyone know of another treatment?

They are nasty little critters, I got a couple of them stuck to my hand, and it took a couple of minutes of match head burns, and finally salt to remove the damn things.

you can salt your tank, and try cure ex (if you can get it) or fluke tabe i have knowen people to use them (not at the same time) and it worked, but they hate salt, or you could put a bait catcher in your tank with a bit of meat in it and the leeches should go on to the meat and you can take them out of your tank without touching them, doing that at night is best.