what do you feed your natives.

nativelover

I suspect the lack of responses here is due to you covering practically everything the rest of us feed our fish!

The only extras I can think of are commercial pellets (for those who would deign eat them) and daphnia (for those small enough to be interested in this delicacy).

Oh, try getting a whole lot of stream bugs one day - tis quite different seeing them chasing after their natural food. Most live food we give are pond bugs, not stream bugs. That and stream bugs are totally cute!

• 2 months later...

Being in the pond I rarely feed them at all. But occasionally I drop in some crumbled up COOKED Shredded chicken. They go mad, the Inanga rush about tearing chunks off, the Goldfish are like active vacuum cleaners, the Koura grab what they can and even the bullies dart out to take a bite. Its fun to watch the Inanga, they are like little sharks. Circling around then darting in, grabbing a mouthful, tearing a chunk off and darting away to gulp it down.

P.