Anyone designing sump - use filter socks

henward

i dont know yet, i have 4, david has 2. my tank is heavier stocked and feed more...

i installed socks saturday - seeing how many days, not sure yet, but so far so good, 4 days so far and not showing signs of needing cleaning.

david told me to make sure they are above water as much as possible, his one isnt really.

so i did that, my socks are only about 10 cms in the water the rest is not, so i believe the combo of out of the water and 4 socks will give me a good 2 weeks before clean.

replacing i believe davids only replacing his now from the originalpurchase, he may be able to help more with that,

but it hink you can use them for a long time, they are meant for that purpose.

reusable.

the clarity is osmething else, something my fx5 has never done.

Wow good value... does it say how many microns?

they had 80 to 150 microns and they are wash able...

they do come in a pack of 100 of them ....they come 450 to 600 long...the 6oo long one where for a pack of 100.. $45..

]they use them in milking to take fine partics out..they tube like i just fold the end over with a peg ...

any place that sell milking pumps etc should have them..

• 2 weeks later...

Is suppose you could put it around the intake. Not really how they're meant to be used, more on the output and that would be a bit of a waste on a cannister. Around the intake you'd cut the filtering surface area down to a tiny area.

• 2 weeks later...