throw back colouring??

arcanine

my bristlenose have just bred and i rescued a couple that have ventured out of their bamboo prematurely, mum is an albino dad is a black eyed golden, mum hasnt bred before and dad has never thrown brown babies (as far as im aware?)

the 3 i rescued look to be one albino, one black eyed golden , and one mottly brown golden thing!!

could the mottly one be a throw back from wayyy back? hes not fully brown very patchy but may change?

189580563_full.jpg

Most likely 1 of the parents is a hybrid with some common genes.

Not a hybrid at all!, most likely one has had brown in its heritage and being a dominant gene has shown through. The mottled one is most likely to become brown as all browns start with white patching as your picture depict's.

I recently had young from my trio of browns (1m, 2f). To make it difficult for my boy the girls spawned at seperate times instead of together thats how I know I got albinos and browns from one and browns and light yellow/white with blue eyes from the other one. Poor boy was in the cave for weeks and so hungry at the end of the second spawn. I knocked the cave over for a week or two to let him recoup because the girls were ready again. Just stood the cave back up on thursday and have him guarding eggs from both girls this morning.

My browns started out very pale with almost see through tail ends and over the week or two have darkened up. But the albinos and whitish ones have never changed at all. I find it funny how with albino young you get some that are yellow and some that are almost white. Have seen it in the adults with the females nearly always being the white ones. The white albino also seems to be growing alot slower but had the same conditions as the yellow ones.