whoop got my leopard fish

arcanine

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking great :)

Mine all got eaten but since a few days another lot got dropped and they are doing fine this time. Maybe I take them out and feed them with artemia rather then leave it to mother nature ...

Do your males have more black spots then the females? My male also is slightly lighter brown then the females. I wouldn't call it "blond", just a tick lighter...

Cheers,

JaSa

yeah my male is far more spotty than the females, the females seem to only be spotted on the second half of their bodies.

the male down the bottom in my picture is my only male as the other one vanished without a trace, but he is far far more spotty than the one i lost and seems to be doing his job very well so its all good,

i lost the first couple of batches to being eaten so the last two i have kept really well fed and i havent had any go missing, i will update a pic of them for you

Hi

Saw your fish an TradeMe :slfg:

Sold any yet?

What size is your tank? Just thinking of giving them their own tank which would be a 60x30x30.

And another question: What are your min. and max temperatures during 24h in the tank since you are not using a heater AFAIK?

Cheers,

JaSa

yeah sold lots suprisingly very popular!

they are in a small 20L tank with no filter, heater they get water changes every 3 or so days and i dont check the temp lol they are left to their own devices. one of my females dropped a new batch yesterday

they are cold water so not sure why you would use a heater?

Another batch? Wow, thats great :happy1:

What is cold water for you?

Their origin is in Brazil and Uruguay in tropical and sub-tropical streams. The average temperature in Uruguay is 16.5°C and the average temperature in the south of Brazil is 20°C. On FishBase the temp. is named between 20°C and 24°C, other sites in the net recom. around 20°C.

Sure, they will survive much colder temperatures but what is the optimum? And since yours are breeding very well I thought it's a good idea to find out the min. and max. in a 24h periode for your tank :)

JaSa

cold water for me = no heater needed.

i dont keep track of coldwater temps only tropical, but im guessing as my room is quite warm from all the tropical tanks the leopards tank is probably around 20 deg. :dunno:

i must be doing something right as they are going strong since sept last year!