September 24, 201115 yr comment_455478 on trade me there is an auction called Lourie the Eel for sale...it is a nz native eel and comes with a tank etc..are you allowed to sell nz native eels ? Report
September 24, 201115 yr comment_455487 Yeah, but then I would have to set up another tank for it :roll: not possible right now. Report
September 24, 201115 yr comment_455492 can probably save one from a Sea Mart if you're desperate Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_455646 Kind of :smot: but my cat catches eels :evil: :roll: :lol: Thankfully not too often. But boy are they hard to pick up! Last time she jumped in through the lounge window with one and dropped it onto the carpet in a hard to get to place (behind the recliner and coffee table) and I tried picking it up and kept dropping it ... eventually I managed to hold onto it long enough to chuck it into a plastic bag EWWW and then I took it outside. We have a reserve behind our house... Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_455693 Yeah, but then I would have to set up another tank for it :roll: not possible right now. You'd need a large swimming pool to house one properly methinks, not just a tank haha! My friend has a stream behind his yard and you can see dozens of eels there - absolutely massive. :nfs: Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455898 Haha i remember getting eels in the lounge purposefully when i was a kid to freak my poor mum out. :sml1: Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455945 Haha i remember getting eels in the lounge purposefully when i was a kid to freak my poor mum out. :sml1: :lol: Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455959 I remember throwing some over the fence and into the school swimming pool. Great idea but didn't calculate on the chlorine. Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455971 I remember throwing some over the fence and into the school swimming pool. Great idea but didn't calculate on the chlorine. Oops! Report
September 28, 201115 yr comment_456019 Oh no!!! But so funny... would have been funny if there were kids in the pool :slfg: :slfg: :slfg: Report
September 28, 201115 yr comment_456037 I remember this camp I went to twice as a kid that had a lake with a slide going into it and I wouldn't swim in there because they told us there were eels in it. Not sure if there really was... but I wasn't going to find out LOL Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.