What medications are good to have in case of emergencies?

Joe

Hey guys,

Just wondering what sort of medications are good to have for emergencies. I have Apistogrammas, tetras and rasboras. I also have a lot of plants in my tank so if I needed to use something that was blue the fish would have to be removed into a seperate tank for treatment. I was thinking of getting some Furan-2. What other things are good and effective, and will I need different stuff to treat different diseases?

Thanks,

Joe

I just phoned Hollywoods, because I have an older bottle and they said that their current batch expires 2013 so I would say it has a two year shelf life, they also said it depends on whether you keep it in a dry cool area as well.

Sorry I don't know about the others, I would google it, or else wait for a more experienced fish hobbyist to tell you :wink:

It is a bit hard to know what is needed on hand, I would just have the basics like salt.. I would look around so that you can source metro/prazi and also source some furan if your LFS doesn't stock it off the shelf, I figure most things you would need to treat with any of these drugs you usually have a few days in which to do it so as long as you make sure you can easily source it locally you should be fine.