House broken into yesterday!

Well we got a phone call from Nutech Security yesterday as we were driving home from the LFS to say the alarm was going off. Someone broke in through the dining room window. But nothing was taken. They didn't have a chance. :thup: They just made a mess with their muddy shoes and stuffed up the window and the curtain rod. :an!gry :evil:

Had to sleep in girls room last night because my 7yo didn't want to sleep in her bed.

Totally agree Caryl :an!gry :evil:

Rabbit - oooh what did you do? I'm glad that they were gone when we came home because that would have freaked the girls out majorly. :( TBH it would have freaked me out too.

I found it hard enough to sleep last night... kept hearing noises and having bad dreams GRRR

Mmmm it's only happened to us 2x. The first time was when I moved in here back in April 99. It was the day after I moved in, before the security stays had been put on the windows. But it was alarmed and monitored. It was Easter Sunday and we were at my grandparents house in Kawakawa Bay. That was especially hard because I lived here on my own then.

So it's been over 12 years and I guess I was feeling pretty secure here and when the alarm company phoned I thought it was a false alarm because we've been having problems with our alarm system for about the last two years and only last Saturday we got a call from the security company because the alarm was going off. So I was really shocked when my husband told me that someone HAD actually broken in.

It's the violated feeling that is worst of all KWIM

Yeah thankfully they didn't go through anything here as they didn't have time to. But just the thought of some scumbag being in our house is enough. I feel sorry for my sister ... when her place got broken into a few years ago they went through all the clothes in the cupboard and chucked everything on the floor and she wanted to wash all the clothes even though they were 'clean'. I would have wanted to too.

I couldn't wait for the police to fingerprint so I could clean up. I just wanted to make everything look normal again so it wouldn't feel like someone had been in our house. I still have to wash the curtains as they have mud on them too GRRR and a soft toy from the girls room that was stood on. I had to take all the chair covers off our dining chairs (well 3 out of 4 of them) and wash them because they had mud on them and the dining table had been walked/climbed on as it's right against the wall. And some of the curtain rod rings were broken so I need to replace those. :an!gry Still, that's nothing compared to how bad it could have been. It just peeves me off. :evil: