Snake in NZ

jc254

In the same week as a celebrity is discharged without conviction for sexually assaulting his four year old daughter another man is sent to jail for having a pet snake. This country is messed up....

Discharged because it has destroyed his relationship and damaged his career and was an accident. I know who it is as well.

Sent to jail because if the snake had eggs that hatched it would wipe out birds which are a fundamental part on the ecosystem.

Discharged because it has destroyed his relationship and damaged his career and was an accident. I know who it is as well.

Who doesn't know who it was? Perhaps if he was so concerned about his career and marriage he shouldn't have gotten so blind rotten drunk that he couldn't tell the difference between a 4 year old and his wife? Calling that an "accident" is the biggest crock ever...

Sent to jail because if the snake had eggs that hatched it would wipe out birds which are a fundamental part on the ecosystem.

Eggs that wouldn't survive in our cool climate, or wouldn't even happen because there is only one snake?

Calling that an "accident" is the biggest crock ever...

Agree. Not an accident, he plead GUILTY. He didn't plead "not guilty" because it was an "accident" - because its obvious that was the only excuse he could think of at the time.

And the fact that it destroyed his relationship and career is just incidental and showing the gravity of the crime - I think all people that commit sex acts on kids SHOULD have destroyed relationships (who would want them) and careers, but that should also have nothing to do with the law punishing them. So saying someone had their wife leave them and their jobs ruined because they sexually abused their own kid should have no impact on whether they go to jail. He only got a fraction of what he deserved.

The travesty is that he admitted guilt, but the judge let him off.

*rant over*

Also quite happy to not have snakes here. Proud of our snake free status :)