2 Bolivian Rams in a busy 180L community tank?

mcmillanm

I picked up a Bolivian Ram last week and am really enjoying the little guys/girls character. It's in a rather busy planted 180L Jewel Community tank. I've got an opportunity to buy another one at a good price (not sure of sex). My question is whether they are better on their own or ok in 2's in this size tank? I've also got some platys, swordtails tetras as well as some loaches, 2 F bristlenose catfish & 5 Sterbai corys in there (on the bottom) and have heard they can pick out their eyes. Would they be ok together?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have 9 bolivian rams in a 450 litre tank with discus, ember tetra, pygmy and sterbai cory, bn, plecs, harlequins + others. The only fish they pick on are each other, they never pay any attention to the other fish. You should not have an issue as long as you do not over stock the tank.

I had around 35 Bolivian Rams in a 450 l community tank (they wouldn't stop breeding!) with Dwarf Chain Loaches, Torpedo Barbs, Emerald Eye Rasboras, Golden Gourami and Ottos. They were peaceful, and only ever got territorial when guarding wrigglers and fry. I've still got 5 of 'em - great fish for community tanks IMHO