apistogramma trifasciata

danval

Maybe Hamilton Water? as I use no filtration.... Fed on Frozen blood worms, and recently.. live bloodworms and live daphnia. I have them on a chest of drawers that my kids are going in and out of.... (I have 7) and they don't seem to have been put off.... I know I would have been put off with the opening of all those drawers....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My trifasciata spawned yesterday but I don't think I'll successfully raise any fry as I currently don't have a spare tank to put them in. Although I've ordered my breeding tank which have been meaning to get for ages although I couldn't find somewhere that could do it for a good price. I'm getting it from Petworld in Christchurch. $260.00 for a 650x500x500mm tank, 10mm glass, ADA-style and low-ion glass for the front panel :happy1: :hail:

Thanks Caryl, although there are only about 5 eggs left so it wouldn't be worth raising those if they hatched.

This is exactly what happened with the macmasteri - they would lay a large amount of eggs which would dissapear over a couple of days. I think it is because the water is too hard and has a high pH. I'll try again when I get my breeding tank and some Indian almond leaves.