sore plec :(

s3xtcy

Hey guys, noticed this today, hes still swimming ok and acts fine, just wondering how to help his recovery? Tank is 315 litre communal with

1x BGK

1x Angel

1x tiger barb

10x odessa barbs

1x SAE

2x geo's

2x Clown Loaches

2x Opaline Gouramis

Any thoughts?

b1843f09-7310-4281-b696-51c9a9c69417.jpg

nasty wound. Knowing clown loaches are sensitive to many things I searched clown loaches and salt and came up with the following:

"If your loaches do happen to get whitespot during the quarentine period, do NOT use salt, it is very harmful to fish like clown loaches as it causes them a lot of osmotic stress, and since they are not the hardiest of fish to begin with, treating new clown loaches for whitespot with salt can easily finish them off."

You might be better to transfer it to a hospital/other tank before treating it.

bugger, i dont have a hospital tank, and obviousally cant use salt because of the loaches, can anyone reccommend anything else? tankwide antibiotic? Im away on a course so cant check his status, but my partner said she cant see him, which isnt uncommon, hes quite shy and only see him once or twice a week.

Thanks for your help

Shey

Sorry everyone, got home late friday, been fishing allday today (lol) hes fine now without addidng anything, guess he just wanted dad home :) there is still a white mark but very very minor and i dont think it will b there in a weeks time :)