2 questions....

aquariumbeginner32

1) One of my wild guppies keeps nipping at my fantail goldfish's tail. Should I be concerned? The goldfish is only in there temporarily. Can the guppy actually hurt the goldfish?

2) My goldfish has 2 tears - one in its top fin and one in it's tail. Hence the reason it's temporarily in with the guppies and minnows. I had it in a pond outside, with another one which has gone AWOL. :( I guess one of our cats or a stray took it and tried to get the one that I managed to rescue. The tears look like they are healing. Can they do that? I was hoping that they would. :thup:

Ya guppies may have to watch out for your goldfish. If he is big enough he may eat them, I had one that ate all my white cloud mountain minnows once!

Nah he/she isn't big enough. Mouth is still too small to eat my guppies or minnows. And seems totally uninterested in the other fish anyway! It's just one particular guppy that seems to not like the goldfish :dunno: