Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sagittaria

Featured Replies

Has anyone had any experience of this plant? I've only had it a short time and, apart from one tallish bit, the rest seems to be staying at 2-3 inches high. The taller bit is probably about 5 inches high.

It spreads like crazy in the tank and I am wondering whether to keep in in check or to let it go wild in there. How much danger is there of it choking out all the other plants if I do that?

th_sagitarria.jpg

Larger image here http://photobucket.com/albums/v474/jude ... tarria.jpg

Cheers

Jude

  • Author

cool, thats what I want to do, trouble is I am already pulling out lots of it - can see it becoming a daily job.

LOL - I know I wanted a heavily planted tank and I expected to have to trim and maintain it ............... but daily weeding?

Still, it grows well and looks nice and at least I don't have to go out in the rain

Cheers

Jude

  • Author

You'd be very welcome. If I remember, and if we get to tomorrow night's meeting, I will drop some in your letterbox.

:D:D

Jude

You'd be very welcome. If I remember, and if we get to tomorrow night's meeting, I will drop some in your letterbox.

:D:D

Jude

you know if you have too much Jude , i have a lettwer box too :D:D:P:D:P:D

yes yes yes :D:D:D can i have some of your next cuttings? please please please, i'll pay you, you can send it in a blown up plastic bag, like a balloon, i've be trying to find this plant for a long time. can i have you next clippings please please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please please :hail::bow: :lol: :wink: :roll: :D:)

  • Author

OK, I'm happy to give some to all of you. I might consider selling it later but for people in the forums I would rather donate it ................... I "wouldn't be where I am today" if people hadn't done that for me.

It might take a few weeks but I will give ballistic some first, billaney next - perhaps next week or the week after, and then I can send some to vjarn. PM me with your address please vjarn :) It will probably be in 3-4 weeks but the way it is growing it might be earlier

Cheers

Jude :lol:

  • Author

Why are you still up? Thought you had a long day and an early start tomorrow .......... LOL

OK, the order is Billaney, Vjarn, then Ballistic :lol: :lol:

Anyone else want some?

YES! thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou :hail::hail::hail::bow::bow::bow:

i'll never foget this and i'll "pay it forward" as you have done. :D

thankyou

Vjarn

Joined: 31 Jul 2004

Posts: 51

Location: birkenhead, Auckland

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:05 pm Post subject: sagitatiurs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes yes yes can i have some of your next cuttings? please please please, i'll pay you, you can send it in a blown up plastic bag, like a balloon, i've be trying to find this plant for a long time. can i have you next clippings please please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please pleaseplease please please please

_________________

Peace is found in the silence and tranquillity of oneself,...... to find peace you must first be at war.

My Fish Album

I got some from Hollywoods they ordered it in for me<> I'm sure if you asked Rebecca at the shore branch she would do the same.

Hi Jude

Is the plant that is spreading the one I send you?

If so, it is Echinodorus quardrostatus and it will form a carpet of 100mm to 150mm all over the tank.

Perhaps I should have told you that?

ej

  • Author

Thanks ej, no its not that one. I am having trouble keeping that one alive ............. LOL

Cheers

Jude

  • 3 weeks later...

i got a bunch of this plant a couple months back, from a wholesaler through pay of plenty way

im currently growing it too cover my 3' neon rearing tank, and it's going along nicley!

does look really nice when you can no longer see any gravel, just solid, dence plant and it moving with a cory scrumaging (spelling?) through it!!

i usually pick the longer ones off, looks outta place

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.