High Tech Planted Tank UPDATE 06.10.2012 now closed down

si_sphinx

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black doors look good, Are you pleased so far?

Yes I'm suprised it turned out as good as it did. I'm not the best at getting things straight or measure correctly but I'm very pleased with it. I don't think it would have looked right with different coloured doors or a coloured trim. And black looks better than a dark grey tone that I was thinking of doing.

I wouldn't say its that good.

3.5kg Co2 bottle came and is now filled. Only problem is the regulator has a leak, I can hear it so I will need to pull it apart and figure out if I can fix it or I will need someone to look at it for me.

100_0185.jpg

Also a pic with the light hood on the tank.

100_0186.jpg

Soon I will need to figure out how I am going to scape it.

I don't have a lot of plants to go in it yet after spending a little too much on fish for it. So it will look a little bare for a few months until everything grows.

You should probably put in a whole bunch of cheap "weeds" at the start. Something like a massive amount of ambulia and the like. I think it's really important that you overdo the amount of plants you put in there at the start to avoid getting problems later. With a tank of this magnitude I think it'd be something you'd really thank yourself later for.

You should probably put in a whole bunch of cheap "weeds" at the start. Something like a massive amount of ambulia and the like. I think it's really important that you overdo the amount of plants you put in there at the start to avoid getting problems later. With a tank of this magnitude I think it'd be something you'd really thank yourself later for.

yes aggreed, never start off with few plants as algae will take advantage and take over

Yep my thoughts exactly, I will be trying to get as much indian fern as I can from someone who has too much down here.

I wont be starting with full lighting or co2 straight away either.

If any one has a heap of weed plants that they could send me that would help me out a lot. I will pay postage.