Tank mates

Hdoubleu

for this guy

zeusw.jpg

I know there are a few posts already relating to this topic and many sources on the net however I like to get information first hand, and wanted to show this guy off.

He is in a 40L tank with UGF, currently his only companions are a fat orange platty and a male BN.

They are classroom pets so perhaps some fish with caracter and easy care which can be kept in small groups.

I have grown very attached to my guy Zeus (he even has a name) - We recently had glass cats in our home tank and we just lost all 6 of them. Will they be compatible with a Betta? (He won't kill them because they are stealing his attention)

Depends on the personality of your betta. I've had one tiny betta pick on an adult rainbow shark before.

My mate has had bettas and glass cats with no problems. Her fighter is used to other fish though and doesn't percieve them as a threat to his territory.

How does he act to the platty?

get some corydoras, they snuffle round on the bottom and are always great to watch.

eber tertas, neon tetras, harliquins, a few more mollys?

Kihuli loachs are another good one for a class room, my friends were always interested in mine.

most fish that can put up with a little bullying and don't look or have anything that looks like food or another male sould be fine.

You could even get some suggestions and get your class to choose.

Man if I ever become a teacher I'm putting a tank in my class =)