L200 Different type of Skin?

Fishie123

That is a L200 Hi-Fin Baryancistrus demantoides, you will prob find that the other are Hemiancistrus subviridis. See how the dorsal fin is connected to the adipose fin. The fin colouration is normal.

Yep , beat me to it

• 2 weeks later...
Have the high fins ever been bred?

Not sure but another smaller Baryancistrus, the Bluefin Panaque (B. begini) has been a few times, including by one of our forum members, and the other admittedly not closely related lookalike Hemiancistrus subviridis has, so it cant do any harm having a few in a tank together. If you're a fan of gold phantoms and want a couple you may as well have the same species.

Totally agree

If you you are looking to collect a fish in numbers- makes sense they are all the same species.

Beginni really is an oddball in the bary family eh?

My first close-up meeting with a 'fancy' plec was 8 yrs ago and L200 Bary. totally gorgeous plec.

She's still alive and regal as ever

Yep beginni certainly is an odd Baryancistrus but then I guess so is the high-fin compared to the other larger stocky species. Both L200's are beautiful plecos but I've spent enough on other species so I certainly wont be getting any. :)