Hi All

The next meeting will be at Pinkfish's place near Pt Chev

Time: 7.30

Date: 12 July 2011

It will be a pot luck dinner as well

For address details PM Pinkfish for details

Hope we will be able to see you there.

Once again, I will not be able to make it. :(

You will have to enjoy yourselves without chocolate cake.

ahhhhh 'make a fish logo' competition

Sounds like we have a volunteer to provide a prize too :) This is coming together nicely..

Zev will be able to fill you in on all the technical details, but I guess if it was big then it could be used at pet expo and then easily scaled down to suit whatever purpose..

Make it in a vector program such as Adobe Illustrator, then it is scalable ie, you can blow it up and stick it on the back of a bus and the image does not degrade.

Try not to have any raster content (photos etc) or it just defeats the purpose of it being a vector.

Try not to use too many gradient fills and watch the live paint, sometimes it is not very editable.

Start with it approx A4 - 210 x 297mm and when you have finished it, copy and scale some smaller for letterhead, membership cards etc to see how they work and check the legibility of the font. Speaking of fonts, try not to use a too way out one that no-one else has, or if it is for the logo only, make sure you create outlines and not leave the font intact.

Now, have I missed anything?

I think I joined the club last week (?) but won't be able to make this meeting. Will try to get to the next one though.

Your name has been added to the list and capitation cheque that should be getting sent today :) So it is all go..

Looking forward to the meeting next week, remember everyone is welcome to come along and meet everyone just PM for the address :)