Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quarantine tank - new setup

Featured Replies

Hi,

I have completed cycling my new 4x2x2 tank.

UV - steriliser 5W

Resun chiller CL-650

Sump with bio balls

Deltec 1250 skimmer

T5 x 4 lights

Ehim 1260 return pump

Via Aqua 1300 power heads 1300 x 3

I have added a Starks Damsel

I want to know if everone uses a quarantine tank like the websites recommend, in NZ all imported fish are quarantied for 3weeks I have been told. Who knows.

Anyway if I was to use a quarantine tank I was looking at a 30L tank with nothing but a heater and a Flavel 4 - foam filter. I would keep the foam in the sump until needed and fill the Qtank with 75% established water and 25% new water.

But only if recommended.

Thanks

I havent, but maybe should. I got whitespot and may not have with QT.

Not 100% needed, but wouldnt hurt.

My WS is nearly gone anyway.

It's never a bad idea to quarantine (4-6 weeks). But then I'd say most of us don't do it and largely get by fine. I guess the bad part is when something hits you bad and you lose all of your existing expensive fish. I just quarantined 3 new clowns before adding them to my existing 3 clowns, it was quite useful as I could adjust the water conditions gradually to be that of the big tank where they were heading.

Cheers

Oh no clown loaches I mean....sorry... just freshwater :)

Hard enough getting freshwater conditions right. I'm totally satisfied with freshwater, not that interested in saltwater to be honest.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.