Blue tongue skink - Sperm plug pics!

spermplug.jpg

spermplug1.jpg

spermplug2.jpg

I was just vacuming out the enclosure when i noticed the sperm plugs. There was two symetrical plugs next to each other (hemipenis working at full function :lol: ), but ah one went up the vac :thup:

Dunno about the brown stuff, looks like undigested catfood :-?

Anyway that's a plug for anyone curious as to what to look for when trying to sex a skink.

Yeah, if you put enough thought into it i guess it is.

Just another day in the reptile world. :nilly:

It did lead me to wonder if they're more fertile before or after the shed .... and or why they shed. could be because it hasnt had the chance to mate. Or maybe it's similar to that of a womens menstrual cycle ...

Sounds like some observation to be had, thinking about it doesn't make it gross, thinking about it in the wrong way does :lol:

I find it interesting as I.D. said, when does it happen and why. I was hoping you had kept it to see what it looked like dried up. We could be seeing them more often but mistaking it for poo.

Is good thinking Nymox. Will try save one if I see another (the skink is for sale).

I've never been 100% sure that is what they are. But after googling today and given there was two (as should be given they have hemipenes) I'm now convinced.

I see these often, maybe even monthly.... Hence pondering about fertility.