Arowana Discussion Thread

ally07

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

DSC_0445.jpg

:o I can't believe this is a 6ft tank! To be fair, the aros aren't fully grown yet, but still there are 7 of them and they don't look like they're squeezed for space! Makes my eventual 8ft, 5 aro comm tank look like overkill.. :roll:

DSC_0445.jpg

:o I can't believe this is a 6ft tank! To be fair, the aros aren't fully grown yet, but still there are 7 of them and they don't look like they're squeezed for space! Makes my eventual 8ft, 5 aro comm tank look like overkill.. :roll:

looks deep though

yeah looks deep enough. high enough too for a heirarchy sort of levels

the thing is, size of tank can work for you when its smaller for aro comm.

concentrated numbers and good size can be more effective than larger tank and less fish

just from what i have heard in asia.

but in saying that, if i had the cash to fork out for that many xbs - i would forout for an 8 to 10 foot tank!

and fork out for another 3 xbs:D

:facepalm: i sound like a drug addict!

funny

its very common.

i just dont get it! the whole boring tank set ups.

there is a huge myth out there that arowanas suit bare bottoms, its like... sure, in the wild and breedingponds where their colours are unbelievably awesome, they actually have a glass bottom.

.... strange concept.

it must be a minimalist thing.

i agree, i reckong fish are happier with natural looking set ups.

when i look at fish that are in bare bottoms and with substrate, i always find substrate makes the fish mroe active, secure.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I finally bit the bullet. Traded in my green and I'm going for a 3 silver comm. Unfortunately, due to a shortage of silvers, there is only 1 in the tank at the moment - 2 more to be added soon. Also did quite a major tank renovation and added some more driftwood.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ally07#p/a/u/0/acImDsZ7aXE

would be good from a young age to alternate a hikari product high on Spirulina like excell or excell biogold or something. so you can work on the pinks and blue hues.

really interested how they turn out on a pellet diet!

when bigger ill come over and sneak a mouse or two:D

• 3 weeks later...