Comparison: Henward's RTG vs Youtube RTG

ally07

Hi all

Spotted this video on another forum, posted by its owner and thought it'd be fun to compare it with our resident Henward's RTG.

Henward's:

The contender:

My opinion is that Henward's has much, much more bulk but it lacks one scale of gold which the other one has (though that is genetics because the contender is a high-scale RTG). Colour-wise, it's a bit hard to tell because of the different lightings used in each tank. Henward's has a more even colouration but the contender has a higher shine.

What do you guys reckon? :dunno:

Ill check it when i get home, will be intresting.

when you say extra scale

do you mean extra row of scales, the 5th row?

my one is definitely a 4th level RTG, meaning the gold stops at the 4th level.

a 5th level RTG, if thats what you mean by extra scale of gold is a hybrid with 4th level RTG and a xb - so the genetics is indeed superior to mine.

i agree its more bulky and just looks nicer

Yeah, somehow the contender aro's body shape isn't as muscular, even though it's supposed to be a 4.5 year old fish! I suspect that because it's asia, the owner probably did not feed it pellets and relied on MP and insects alone. Water current probably played a part as well because Henward's tank had a lot of water movement which encourages muscle development - the contender aro probably had a lazy life haha!

OK i have analysed my own video.

first point

it is unfair to use that video you posted of my RTG as that video was posted Nov 23 2009.

the rtg was very young, just about 18 months approx. much smaller.

XB and REDS colours come out as they reach adulthood, the older the more colourful

though some claim reds colours come and goes..... but from what i have seen, this isnt the case.... maybe different in each case.

This video is one i took 4 days before i sold the arowana oficially.

This was taken when the tank was set up and filters have cleared the water.

there isnt a massive difference but you will see that a large proportion of my ex rtg the scales are much fuller.

the comparison video, that fish' scales are speckled. But in saying that, it is a 5th level RTG whcih is a better genetics to mine, as to why the gold is not as solid is beyond me.

You will clearly see mine has a very solid brown layer on top of the fish and pretty much ending the shine from the 4th row of scales. the comparison video is ALMOSt crossing over whcih is indicative of 5th level xb

i dont know which one is better, i think my fuller scales win, but the extra row of scales is good, almost looking like an xb but not quite.

the scales on my rtg i think is shinier - as it is fuller more light reflects. but the contrast of the scales vs the base in the comparison video i like. \\

if you pause 20 seconds in teh comparison video, you will see, there is a definite base colour. that looks nice as it provides contrast - i kinda like it, but it can be regarded as 'not full shine or gold' whcih is apparently desirable for golds.

if you puase on 43 - 45 seconds in my video that i just posted, the fish just ha a much yellower shine.

its hard to tell. i prefer my fish cos the scales are fuller but the extra row of gold is good too.

but i rather have a nice rtg than an ok 5th level rtg i guess.

I think after a couple or few years, i will get meself an xb.

i am starting to investigate now of which one i want.

note, few years:D

or else i will be divorced soon... :slfg:

I agree with the difference in colour. Yours was more solid but lacks the higher scale. The contender has the higher scale but is speckled (which is a shame). Henward, yours was more of a yellow gold but the contender's was a deeper, almost bronze gold (which I somehow liked more lol).

I think the keywords FEW YEARS just saved your bacon lol. Don't be the guy who got divorced before he got married! But if you do invest in an XB, go for one with a base colour. My dream aro is still a blue base XB. Note: DREAM. !drool: My birthday is in a couple more months *COUGH*.. I'm just saying.. *COUGH* (apologies for my sore throat :lol:)

yeah, im just investigating

took me 3 years to finally get a VIP, researched and posted on line forums and did lots of questions, some of them got annoyed at me but hey, i just wanna learn asm uch as possible

I like a couple,

one is called "BLACK GOLD XB" the other is the Blue base too. i love the BLue base

Not sure what Arowana king imports in terms of gold

i know he has a VIP XB, whcih looks amazing, small fish yet the gold shine is already quite full, the scales are getting gold.

Not sure if he is able to get blue base malaysians or BLack Gold XB

i guess when the time comes, ill ask him or who ever is importing them at the time

OMG. I am absolutely speechless. Perfect fish. Perfect body shape/ proportion/ colouration/ scaling/ finnage. Imagine the genes it has. I think that the purple has to be derived from a green which shows purple tones somewhere along its genetic history (from what I've read). Insane cross breeding to achieve such a fish.

It's. So. Beautifulllllllll. :tears:

hahaha

hilarious how we are obsessed!

yeah, those are my two top choices

i see the merits of a VIP xb, but really, malaysian blue base XB is my pick, they are also cheap enough for a comm:D..... maybe lol

probabl not realistically.

but blue base would be awesome or the black base.

the blue base has too much similar to a red in some regard.

the black base.... is outright gold.

thats what i am trying to find out

the difference with chilli red and vip red is the standards, like dogs in a show, the length fins, colour base and potential.

you are relying on the selector.

so in my case, VIP is imperial brand. vincent chong selects and or breeds and categorises.

same with vip xb i guess

but im still researching that.

from what i can see, they select a gold that they believe will show the fullest gold, crossing over and the highest shine asap... whcih i ndicates a good gene.

but its expensive 8k plus.

and as much as i am not afraid to spend on fish, that price is not worth that particular xb fromw hat i can see, i like the xb to have contrast like the black and blue base.

just matter of opinion i guess.

i mean the vip xb is a nice fish and very popular just not for me.

thats what i am trying to find out

the difference with chilli red and vip red is the standards, like dogs in a show, the length fins, colour base and potential.

you are relying on the selector.

Hi Mr Bond 007

last time i got the impression you did not like the blue base gold:D

i am relieved to know you import blue base gold.

so what types of XB/Gold do you import and are able to import in

also prices.

Also on my post, i saw a BLACK BASE GOLD XB.

what is that?

is that just a blue base with darker base or is that a new variant?